10 - 12
How to cook Barbecued Skewered Shrimp
- 3 pounds jumbo shrimp, peeled and cleaned
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Accent
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- Sliced bacon
- Garlic buds
- Peel and devein the shrimp.
- Combine vegetable oil, red wine vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, Accent, salt, and Tabasco sauce, then marinate shrimp overnight in the sauce.
- When ready to grill, alternate on skewers a shrimp, which has been wrapped in a strip of raw bacon, with a bud of garlic.
- Place the filled skewers over a charcoal fire and cook very slowly, basting frequently with the marinade.
This recipe for Barbecued Skewered Shrimp serves/makes: 10 - 12
The Barbecued Skewered Shrimp recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Shrimp
Preparation Method: Barbecue