How to cook Barbecued Soft-Shell Crabs
- 12 soft-shell crabs
- 1 cup (250 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) vinegar
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) salt
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) lemony pepper
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon (0.5 mL) garlic powder
- Well mix together vegetable oil, vinegar, salt, lemony pepper, lemon juice, tarragon and garlic powder.
- Cover and refrigerate sauce for at least 8 hours.
- Arrange crabs, back down, into a wire rack.
- Barbecue crabs over hot coals for 10 minutes, brushing crabs often with sauce.
- Turn crabs over barbecue for 10 minutes more, still brushing crabs often with sauce, until well done.
This recipe for Barbecued Soft-Shell Crabs serves/makes: 6
The Barbecued Soft-Shell Crabs recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Crab
Preparation Method: Barbecue