How to cook Barbecued Spicy Prawns
- 48 large tiger prawns (shrimps), peeled and cleaned
- 4 limes, zested and juiced
- 4 green chile peppers, seeded and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 (2 inch) piece fresh ginger root, chopped
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- Skewers (soaked in water for 30 minutes if wood)
- Place the prawns and lime zest in a large, non-metallic bowl.
- Place the lime juice, chile pepper, garlic, ginger, and onion in a food processor or blender, and process until smooth.
- You may need to add a little oil to facilitate blending.
- Pour over the bowl of prawns, and stir to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
- Thread prawns onto skewers, piercing each first through the tail, and then the head.
- Brush grill grate with oil.
- Grill prawns for 5 minutes, or until opaque, turning to cook evenly.
This recipe for Barbecued Spicy Prawns serves/makes: 8
The Barbecued Spicy Prawns recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Shrimp
Preparation Method: Barbecue