How to cook Barbecued Wrapped Mullet
- 4 small mullets or other, washed and cleaned
- 1/4 cup (60 g) butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 fennel sprigs
- 8 lemon quarters (to decorate)
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) freshly chopped parsley (to decorate)
- Cut 3 slits into 1 side of each fish; set aside.
- Into a casserole, melt butter; melt onion until soft.
- Mix in fennel sprigs; cook for 5 minutes.
- Evenly spread some of the mixture among each sheet al foil, 1 fennel sprig onto each sheet; top with one fish.
- Tightly wrap.
- Barbecue for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve, decorated with lemon quarters, sprinkled with chopped parsley.
As opposed to meat, salt and pepper fish before cooking.
Never scale fish before barbecueing.
This recipe for Barbecued Wrapped Mullet serves/makes: 4
The Barbecued Wrapped Mullet recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Mullet
Preparation Method: Barbecue