How to cook Basic Fish Stock
- 1 1/2 pounds fish bones, including heads, from white-fleshed fish such as halibut, snapper, sole or sea bass
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 celery stalk with leaves, finely chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1/2 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 leek, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, cubed
- 1 small bunch parsley sprig
- 2 thyme sprigs
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 7 black peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 cups white wine
- 4 1/2 cups water
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat and add the vegetables, herbs, seasonings and wine.
- Allow to sweat and soften. Stir for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Refrigerate the Basic fish stock until ready to use.
The Basic Fish Stock recipe easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Basic Fish Stock serves/makes: 4
The Basic Fish Stock recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Various Fish
(more Various Fish
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew