How to cook Basil Barbecued Salmon
- 1 pound (454 g) salmon (skin on), cut into 4 pieces
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) olive oil
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) freshly minced basil
- Arrange salmon pieces, skin underneath, side-by-side into a shallow glass dish.
- Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whip together olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, Dijon mustard and minced basil.
- Brush salmon pieces with marinade.
- Cover dish with plastic wrap marinate salmon pieces, refrigerated, for 1 hour.
- Then marinate for 30 minutes more, at room temperature.
- Remove salmon pieces from marinade.
- Preheat barbecue until low heated coals or preheat a gaz heated barbecue to low.
- Arrange salmon pieces, skin underneath, onto oiled barbecue rack.
- Close lid barbecue salmon pieces for 15 minutes, until salmon flesh is no longer translucent and can easily be broken-up with a fork.
- Serve immediately.
The best way to barbecue fish is to grill the fish over low heat, without turning it - it is then quite sure that it will not crumble into the fire.
This recipe for Basil Barbecued Salmon serves/makes: 4
The Basil Barbecued Salmon recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Salmon
Preparation Method: Barbecue