4 - 6
How to cook Basque Seafood with Rice
- 1/2 pound (25-30 size) shrimps, shelled and deveined
- 2 pounds mixed clams and mussels, shells on
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup converted rice
- 2 cup chicken stock or use canned
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat a deep stove-top covered casserole and add the oil, garlic, and onion. Saute over medium heat for a few minutes and add the parsley, basil, and paprika.
- Saute for 5 minutes and add the rice. Stir and cook for a moment. Add the chicken stock, bring to a boil, and then turn down to a simmer.
- Add the salt and pepper cover the casserole, and cook for 20 minutes on low heat.
- Stir in the shellfish, cover, and cook 5 minutes more or until clams and mussels open.
The Basque Seafood with Rice recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Basque Seafood with Rice serves/makes: 4 - 6
The Basque Seafood with Rice recipe is adopted from The Frugal Gourmet On Our Immigrant Ancestors 1990.
Main Ingredient: Seafood Mix
(more Seafood Mix
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered