How to cook Basque Steamed Clams
- 4 quarts Cherrystone clams
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup water, or additional clam liquid
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Wash clams thoroughly and place in a large kettle. Add remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for 20 minutes or until clams open. Discard any unopened clams.
- Serve the Basque Steamed Clams hot in individual bowls, accompanied by thick slices of French, Italian or Sourdough bread and a green salad.
This recipe for Basque Steamed Clams serves/makes: 6 servings
The Basque Steamed Clams recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Clams
Preparation Method: Steamed