12 - 16
How to cook Bayou Crab Hors D'Oeuvres
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crab meat (or 2 cans (7 ounces each) tuna), drained, flaked
- 1/4 cup instant minced onion
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pinch ground red pepper
- Vegetable oil for deep-frying
- Cucumber slices for garnish
- Mix onion and water in medium bowl; let stand 10 minutes to rehydrate.
- Add crab meat, eggs, bread crumbs, parsley, mustard, black and red peppers to onion; mix well. Shape into 1-inch balls, about 4 dozen.
- Heat 2 inches oil in Dutch oven to 375°F (190°C); fry a few balls at a time until golden, about 1 minute. Remove with slotted spoon; drain on paper toweling.
- Serve at once, or keep warm in single layer in shallow baking pan, covered with foil, in preheated 250°F (120°C) oven up to 30 minutes.
- Garnish the Bayou Crab Hors D'Oeuvres with cucumber.
The Bayou Seafood Hors D'Oeuvres recipe easy to prepare and so good!
Hors d'oeuvre (French: literally "outside of work") or appetizers are food items served before the main courses of a meal. Usually a one-bite appetizer.
This recipe for Bayou Crab Hors D'Oeuvres serves/makes: 12 - 16
The Bayou Crab Hors D'Oeuvres recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Crab
Preparation Method: Appetizer