6 - 8 servings
How to cook Beer Boiled Shrimp and Kielbasa
- 2 pounds large shrimp (don't shell them)
- 6-pack good beer or dark ale
- 1 pound kielbasa sausage
- 2 to 3 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup horseradish
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Slice the kielbasa into 1-inch slices.
- Wash the shrimp in cold water.
- In a large pot, bring to a boil the beer, sausage, bay leaves, coriander seeds, salt, and pepper.
- Lower the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Dump in the shrimp and bring back to a boil.
- Boil for about 2 minutes (shrimp should turn pink).
- Meanwhile, combine all Cocktail Sauce ingredients.
- Serve the Beer Boiled Shrimp and Kielbasa with Cocktail Sauce.
The Beer Boiled Shrimp and Kielbasa recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook. You can put the shrimp on ice and serve it cold, although it is also tasty hot. Although any bottled cocktail sauce will do. This shrimp recipe is great for warm weather parties. This dish usually is served on Tailgate Parties.
This recipe for Beer Boiled Shrimp and Kielbasa serves/makes: 6 - 8 servings
The Beer Boiled Shrimp and Kielbasa recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Shrimp
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered