2 - 4
How to cook Beer Steamed Monkfish Fillets
- 1 pound monkfish fillets, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1 can flat beer
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Garlic seasoning
- Pour beer in bottom of a pan.
- Place monkfish fillet pieces on a collapsible vegetable steamer over beer and drizzle with lemon juice.
- Cover and steam at a rolling boil for 10 - 15 minutes (do not overcook or fish will be rubbery).
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, melt butter and add garlic - to your taste, if desired.
- When fish is ready, each person will dip a forkful of monkfish into his own butter dish and enjoy the Beer Steamed Monkfish Fillets.
The Beer Steamed Monkfish Fillets is a very affordable dish. Simple, easy, and delicious.
Monkfish is generally called the poor man's lobster for its delicate taste and velvety texture.
This recipe for Beer Steamed Monkfish Fillets serves/makes: 2 - 4
The Beer Steamed Monkfish Fillets recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Monkfish
Preparation Method: Steamed