How to cook Belgian Shrimp Croquettes
- 3 ounces shrimps, shelled
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 2 ounces cheese, grated
- 2 eggs, split
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- Pepper and salt to taste
- Melt the butter and add 2 tablespoons flour.
- Heat slowly for a few minutes while stirring.
- Add the milk and bring to the boil, stir continuously.
- Simmer for 2 minutes, turn off the heat.
- Add the cheese, 1 egg yolk, shrimps and pepper and salt to taste.
- Put this mixture in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Form 10 croquette shapes.
- Take out 3 plates, put bread crumbs in one, flour in the other and egg white in the third.
- Roll each croquette through flour, then through egg white and finally through bread crumbs.
- Put them back into the fridge for 1 hour.
- Deep fry until golden brown, approximately 4 minutes.
The Belgian Shrimp Croquettes recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
The croquette or croquet is a parcel of food containing minced meat, shellfish, mashed potatoes, or vegetables, encased in bread crumbs, formed into a cylinder or disk, and then deep-fried.
This recipe for Belgian Shrimp Croquettes serves/makes: 10 croquettes
The Belgian Shrimp Croquettes recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Shrimp
Preparation Method: Deep Fried
(more Deep Fried