How to cook Belizean Crab Stew
- 8-10 medium to large crabs
- 2 green plantain (cut into small pieces)
- 1 small pig's tail (cut off excess fat)
- 1 large onion
- 2-3 teaspoons Lea and Perrins Sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small round red recardo
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon any of your favorite seasoning
- 2-3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1-2 cups thick coconut milk
- Matilda foot (see the recipe below)
Matilda Foot Ingredients:
- To kill crab, place it in hot boiling water.
- Remove from water with wire or long spoon. Dis-joint legs from body and crush the large claws.
- Add season. Boil pig tail and green plantain until tender.
- Meanwhile, grate coconut and squeeze (leave 2 tablespoons milk for matilda foot).
- Add seasons to crab in boiling water.
- Add matilda foot to stew. Cook for another 15-20 minutes.
- Lastly, add coconut milk and taste. Serve the Belizean Crab Stew hot with steamed rice.
How to cook Matilda Foot
- 2 green plantains
- 1 turn or half-ripe plantain
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 tablespoon margarine
- Peel and grate plantains.
- Mix flour, salt, and baking powder together.
- Melt margarine (low heat).
- Add margarine and milk to grated plantain, mix well.
- Drop by teaspoon into boiling stew.
The Belizean Crab Stew recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Belizean Crab Stew serves/makes: 6
The Belizean Crab Stew recipe is adopted from The Belizeans Favorite Foods by Erleen Godfrey.
Main Ingredient: Crab
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew
Cuisine: South American
(more South American