4 - 5
How to cook Belizean Crab Tostadas (Mestizo Dish)
- 1 pound cooked crab meat
- 1 large avocado pear, peeled and seeded
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 cups cooked beans (mashed) or 1 can refried beans
- 1 cup cheese, shredded
- 1 small head lettuce
- 8-10 corn tortillas, crips fried
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- Mash avocado and add lime juice and garlic salt. Set aside.
- Heat beans until it starts to bubble or use home prepared beans. Mashed and fried.
- Grate cheese, set aside.
- Line dinner plates with lettuce leaves, then finely shred the inner head and put on plates.
- Add tortillas on top of lettuce leaves.
- Put beans on tortillas, add crab meat and then sprinkle with cheese.
- Garnish plates with sliced tomatoes. Taco sauce can be added if desired.
The Belizean Crab Tostadas (Mestizo Dish) recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
are like flat tacos that are usually made by layering frijoles (refried beans) on op of a fried, flat corn tortilla and then adding a variety of different toppings, like meat, lettuce, guacamole, cheese and salsa.
This recipe for Belizean Crab Tostadas (Mestizo Dish) serves/makes: 4 - 5
The Belizean Crab Tostadas (Mestizo Dish) recipe is adopted from The Belizeans Favorite Foods by Erleen Godfrey.
Main Ingredient: Crab
Preparation Method: Marinated/Uncooked
Cuisine: South American
(more South American