4 - 6
How to cook Belizean Fish Loaf
- 1 1/2 pound fish
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 medium onion, grated
- 1 small bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper 1/2 cup evaporated milk or fresh milk
- 1 tablespoon margarine (or strips of bacon)
- 2 cabbage leaves
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or vinegar (to clean fish)
- Clean fish with lemon juice or vinegar.
- Boil fish, remove bones. Mince.
- In a mixing bowl add fish, 1/2 bread crumbs, milk, bell pepper, onion and salt. Mix to a soft consistency.
- Grease loaf tin-line with cabbage leaves. Add 1/2 mixture, put boiled eggs. Cover with remaining mixture.
- Cover with bread crumbs and dot with margarine or strips of bacon.
- Bake at 350°F (200°C) for 30-35 minutes.
The Belizean Fish Loaf recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Belizean Fish Loaf serves/makes: 4 - 6
The Belizean Fish Loaf recipe is adopted from The Belizeans Favorite Foods by Erleen Godfrey.
Main Ingredient: Various Fish
(more Various Fish
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed
Cuisine: South American
(more South American