4 - 6
How to cook Belizean Stewed Fish
- 2-3 fish (about 2 pounds)
- 2 green plantains, sliced 2-inch in length
- 2 cocoa (1/2 -3/4 pound)
- 1 grated coconut (1 cup thick cream)
- 1 habanero chili (hot pepper), seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 onion, sliced
- Clean, dry, season and half fry the fish. Set aside.
- Grate coconut (add 1 cup water, squeeze and strain to get thick cream).
- Boil green plantain and cocoa in about 2-3 cups water.
- Add fish to liquid with plantains and cocoa. Add habanero chili.
- In frying pan, brown 2 tablespoons margarine with 2 tablespoons flour.
- Add 1 cup water gradually to make a brown sauce.
- Add sauce and sliced onion to stew.
- Lastly, add coconut cream. Season to taste.
- Serve the Belizean Stewed Fish hot with steamed rice.
The Belizean Stewed Fish recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Belizean Stewed Fish serves/makes: 4 - 6
The Belizean Stewed Fish recipe is adopted from The Belizeans Favorite Foods by Erleen Godfrey.
Main Ingredient: Various Fish
(more Various Fish
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew
Cuisine: South American
(more South American