4 - 6
How to cook Bell Pepper and Crab Bisque
- 1 pound lump crab meat
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/4 cups finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1 1/2 teaspoons seafood seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
- 4 cups clam juice
- 1/2 cup peeled and diced russet potato
- 3/4 cup light cream
- 2 tablespoons scotch whisky
- Chopped chives for garnish
- Over medium heat, melt butter in a heavy medium-size pot. Add onion, celery, red bell pepper, bay leaf, and seasoning. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir a couple of times to prevent sticking. Add clam juice and diced potato; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, partially cover pot, and simmer until the potato is very tender.
- Puree soup in blender until smooth. Return to pot; add cream, scotch, and crab meat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish individual servings with chopped chives.
The Bell Pepper and Crab Bisque recipe easy to prepare and so good!
Bisque is a thick, creamy, highly-seasoned soup of French origin, classically of pureed crustaceans. It can be made from lobster, crab, shrimp or crayfish. Also, creamy soups made from vegetables instead of seafood are sometimes called bisques.
This recipe for Bell Pepper and Crab Bisque serves/makes: 4 - 6
The Bell Pepper and Crab Bisque recipe is adopted from The African-American Heritage Cookbook by Carolyn Quick Tillery - 1996.
Main Ingredient: Crab
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew