How to cook Bengali Cod Fish Kebabs
- 1 pound cod fillets
- 1 teaspoon garlic puree
- 1 teaspoon ginger puree
- 2 tablespoons onion puree
- 1-4 hot peppers, chopped (to taste)
- 2/3 cup plain yogurt
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons garam masala* (store bought or homemade)
- Ghee for basting
- Cut the cod fillets into 1-inch cubes. Wash, drain, and dry them.
- Mix all the remaining ingredients, except for the ghee, to form a marinade paste. Marinate the cubes in this for 2 hours or so.
- Thread the cod cubes onto four bamboo skewers, and broil for 10 minutes turning once or twice. Baste occasionally with marinade.. Then baste with ghee and serve on a bed of salad.
The Bengali Cod Fish Kebabs recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
*Garam masala is a blend of ground spices common in the Indian, Bangladeshi and Pakistani cuisine, whose literal meaning is 'hot (or warm) spice'.
This recipe for Bengali Cod Fish Kebabs serves/makes: 4
The Bengali Cod Fish Kebabs recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Cod
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled