How to cook Blackened Fish Po Boy with Bacon
- 4 tilapia fillets
- 4 slices thick cut bacon
- 1/2 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 French bread rolls
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped dill pickle
- Mix spice blend together and set aside.
- Rinse fish under cold water and pat dry. Add fish to a large bowl, pour extra virgin olive oil and spice blend on top, mix well and set aside.
- In a skillet heated over medium high heat, fry bacon until crisp and set aside.
- Remove all but 2 tablespoons of bacon grease from pan. Do not discard bacon grease we will use it toast bread.
- Add 2 tablespoons of butter to pan with remaining bacon grease. Add fish fillets cooking in two batches as to not overcrowd the pan.
- Cook fillets for 3-4 minutes on each side and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon of leftover bacon grease and 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Split rolls in half horizontally and toast for about 1-2 minutes until browned.
- Cut the bacon slices into half.Combine mayonnaise and pickle in a small bowl.
- To assemble the sandwiches, spread 1 generous tablespoon of the mayonnaise-pickle mixture on both sides of toasted rolls, place lettuce down, place fish fillet on top of lettuce and 2 halves of bacon.
- Serve the Fish Po Boy with lemon wedges and hot sauce on the side.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 18 minutes
The Blackened Fish Po Boy with Bacon recipe easy to cook and so good!
A Po Boy
(also known as Po’Boy
, Po Boy
, or Poor Boy
) is a traditional submarine sandwich from Louisiana. It almost always consists of meat, usually roast beef, or fried seafood, or sometimes chicken or ham.
This recipe for Blackened Fish Po Boy with Bacon serves/makes: 4 sandwiches
The Blackened Fish Po Boy with Bacon recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Tilapia
Preparation Method: Sandwich