How to cook Blackened Red Snapper with Pineapple Salsa
- 2 red snapper filets (about 12 ounces each), cut in half
- 8 ounces fresh pineapple, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons blackening spice
- Combine pineapple, red onion, cucumber, red bell pepper, fresh mint, lime zest and juice, 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, salt, and pepper in a bowl, mix well and let salsa marinate for at least an hour.
- Dust each one of the snapper fillets front and back with 1 tablespoon of the spice.
- In a large pan over medium-high heat saute the filets in olive oil till blackened on the outside and just cooked through inside - about 5 minutes per side.
- Serve the blackened red snapper with pineapple salsa and rice.
The Blackened Red Snapper with Pineapple Mint Salsa
recipe very easy to cook and very tasty too! Spicy, sweet, hot, cool, tender, crisp… It’s gonna be fireworks of fresh flavors and textures in your mouth.
This recipe for Blackened Red Snapper with Pineapple Salsa serves/makes: 4 servings
The Blackened Red Snapper with Pineapple Mint Salsa recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Snapper
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed