How to cook Blue Crab Salad with Herb Vinaigrette
- 1 pound blue crab meat drained and picked
- 1 medium Vidalia onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 2 green onions green parts only, sliced thin
- 8 cups salad greens
- Olive oil for brushing
- For Herb Vinaigrette:
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- Drain Blue Crab meat well and pour into a large bowl. Using your fingers, check the crab thoroughly for bits of the shell being careful not to break up the lumps of blue crab.
- When you sure the Blue Crab meat is clear of shells, add a finely chopped Vidalia onion. In a different bowl, whisk olive oil, apple cider vinegar, salt, pepper and Italian Seasoning until emulsified. Pour over the crab and onion and fold in gently.
- Cover the Blue Crab mixture and place it the refrigerator for at least 2 hours up to overnight.
- When you are ready to serve, add green onions and combine gently.
- Fill your serving bowls with your favorite salad greens, top with Blue Crab mixture and a few extra onions. Serve immediately with Herb Vinaigrette.
- For Herb Vinaigrette, whisk olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, Italian Seasoning, and Dijon mustard in a small bowl until emulsified. (It also works great to add ingredients to a Mason jar and shake it up.) Dress salads before serving or allow people to dress their own at the table.
Prep time: 20 mins
Enjoy this cold Blue Crab Salad with Herb Vinaigrette on a hot day over a bed of fresh greens – or pile high in a bowl and eat it with crackers as a dip at a party.
This recipe for Blue Crab Salad with Herb Vinaigrette serves/makes: 4 servings
The Blue Crab Salad with Herb Vinaigrette recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Crab
Preparation Method: Salad