4 - 6
How to cook Bluefish with Shrimp Soup Casserole
- 2 pounds bluefish fillets
- 1 can cream of shrimp soup
- 1 cup Muenster or Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Place bluefish fillets in a buttered shallow ceramic or enameled baking dish.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice
- Pour butter or margarine over top.
- Bake at 400 F (15 minutes).
- Pour heated shrimp soup over bluefish fillets, then sprinkle with cheese and bake at 300 F (15 minutes longer).
- Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle with parsley and paprika as colorful garnishes and serve.
Bluefish is a fatty, fine-textured fish, ranging from white to silver in color. Remove the dark, oily strip that runs down its center before cooking to avoid a fishy taste.
This recipe for Bluefish with Shrimp Soup Casserole serves/makes: 4 - 6
The Bluefish with Shrimp Soup Casserole recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Bluefish
Preparation Method: Baked