How to cook Boiled Lobsters
- 2 live lobsters (approximately 1 1/2-pound - 680-g each)
- 3 cups (750 mL) boiling water
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 slices of unpeeled lemon
- Hot, melted butter
- Arrange one (1) lobster into a glass 1 x 8-inch (30 x 20-cm) dish.
- Pour boiling water over lobster.
- Add bay leaves and lemon slices.
- Cover and microwave, on 'HIGH', for 5 minutes, turning lobster twice.
- Remove lobster from water.
- Microwave second lobster (in the same water), on 'HIGH', for 5 minutes, turning lobster twice.
- Half lobsters lengthwise.
- Remove and throw away stomach and veins (in tails) from lobsters break-up claws.
- Serve, over heated plates, along with hot, melted butter.
Oven: 700 watts
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Boiled lobsters, hot melted butter, crusty bread and small glass good, fresh white wine. What more can one ask for?
This recipe for Boiled Lobsters serves/makes: 2
The Boiled Lobsters recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Lobster
Preparation Method: Microwave