How to cook Bouillabaisse Halibut Stew
- 4 halibut steaks, 6-8 ounces each
- 1/4 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1/4 green bell pepper, julienned
- 1/4 sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons fresh garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup light chicken stock
- 2 Italian plum tomatoes - peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 pinch saffron
- 1 star anise
- 5 fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Season halibut with salt and pepper and place in a 12 x 8-inch baking dish lightly greased with olive oil. Set aside.
- Heat a non-stick skillet add olive oil.
- Saute red bell pepper, green bell pepper, onion, and garlic for 5 minutes. Add chopped tomatoes, saffron, star anise, dry white wine, and chicken stock and cook for 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper.
- Pour the content of skillets over halibut steaks. Cover dish with foil paper and bake for about 15 to 20 minutes. Time varies due to thickness of fish steaks.
- Serve the Bouillabaisse Halibut Stew over pasta or grain (e.g., quinoa or rice). Sprinkle each plate with fresh basil.
Bouillabaisse is a classic French recipe of fish and/or seafood stew from Marseilles.
This recipe for Bouillabaisse Halibut Stew serves/makes: 4
The Bouillabaisse Halibut Stew recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Halibut
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew