How to cook Bourbon and BBQ Shrimp Wrapped in Bacon
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds (about 20) jumbo shrimps, shelled, deveined, and rinsed
- 1 ounce bourbon
- 1 tablespoon BBQ sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ sauce), plus extra for glazing
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 10 strips thick cut bacon, cut in half
- After preparing shrimp and rinsing, place on a paper towel or pat dry.
- Combine bourbon, barbecue sauce, honey, olive oil, and pepper in a large zip-lock bag and shake to mix.
- Add shrimp and shake again to thoroughly coat. Place in the refrigerator to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C) and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Wrap a strip of bacon around the shrimp tightly and secure with a toothpick. Place on the prepared baking sheet and repeat with remaining shrimp.
- Place in the oven to bake for 5 minutes. Flip the shrimp over and bake an additional 5 minutes or until shrimp is pink.
- Remove from the oven and baste with extra barbecue sauce.
- Serve the Bourbon and BBQ Shrimp Wrapped in Bacon right away with a lemon wedge as garnish.
The Bourbon and BBQ Shrimp Wrapped in Bacon
recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
If you prefer your bacon more crisp or if you’re using smaller shrimp, precook bacon in the oven or in a skillet before wrapping around the shrimp. Make sure it’s still flexible after cooking or it won’t wrap around with breaking. You don’t want under-cooked bacon OR overcooked shrimp.
How do you make something so simple, yet delicious, even tastier? Marinate those suckers in bourbon and glaze them with barbecue sauce, that’s how! They make a great appetizer or snack and your only regret will be not cooking more of them so I recommend doubling this recipe!
This recipe for Bourbon and BBQ Shrimp Wrapped in Bacon serves/makes: 4 servings
The Bourbon and BBQ Shrimp Wrapped in Bacon recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Shrimp
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled