2 - 3 servings
How to cook Braised Oysters
- 1 quart fresh shucked oysters
- 1 tablespoon shaved ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce*
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 2 chopped green onions, to garnish
- Steamed white rice, to serve
- Put drained oysters into a 2-quart heat resistant bowl and cover them with boiling water.
- Stir oysters gently to evenly distribute the boiling water through the oysters. Let stand about 10 minutes, drain and set aside to cool.
- Heat oil in wok.
- Mix oyster sauce, sugar and cornstarch in a bowl and set aside. Put oysters, ginger and garlic in heated wok. Add salt, cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Add oyster sauce mixture and simmer for 5 minutes more.
- Remove from heat, garnish with green onion and serve the Braised Oysters with steamed white rice.
The Braised Oysters recipe easy to cook and so good!
*Oyster sauce is a pungent condiment made from oyster liquor, soy sauce and brine. It is obtainable at Asian Food Stores and most food markets.
This recipe for Braised Oysters serves/makes: 2 - 3 servings
The Braised Oysters recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Oysters
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered