How to cook Braised Treasury's Trouts
- 12 (approximately 6-ounce / 170-g each) rainbow trouts
- 2 onions
- 2 ounces (57 mL) oil
- 4 cups (1 L) white wine
- Salt and pepper, to taste
12 (5 x 8-inch / 12 x 20-cm) sheets al foil
- Clean trouts remove gills.
- Wash rainbow trouts scrape off all blood along trout backbones.
- Wipe dry rainbow trouts.
- Slice onions into thin slices.
- Salt and pepper trouts, inside - out.
- Slip a slice of onion into each trout.
- Brush al foil with oil.
- Transfer 1 trout onto each sheet of al foil.
- Pinch al foil, folding up sides pour approximately 2 ounces (60 mL) white wine over each trout.
- Tightly close bundles.
- Arrange bundles onto gray ashes.
- Do not move ashes around, not to uncover red ashes (heat will come up by itself).
- If there are ashes around the fire, cover bundles.
- Every once in a while, turn bundles.
- The best way to check if a fish is done is to open-up a bundle and touch its flesh.
- Serve as is, in al foil, preferably during a meal eaten outdoors.
This recipe for Braised Treasury's Trouts serves/makes: 12
The Braised Treasury's Trouts recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Trout
Preparation Method: Baked