How to cook Braised White Wine Lobster
- 2 (2-pound / 1-kg each) lobsters (shells opened-up, claws broken-up, pouches removed)
- 4 tablespoons (60 mL) olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 ounces (113 g) fresh mushrooms, cleaned and minced
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) mustard
- 1/4 teaspon (1 mL) Tabasco sauce
- 1 cup (250 mL) dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) gray pepper
- 3/4 cup (190 mL) grated Gruyere cheese
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) butter, cut into tiny bits
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C / thermostat 4-5).
- Remove meat from lobster bodies and claws cut meat into 2-inch (5-cm) pieces set aside.
- Into a medium-size saucepan, heat olive oil, over medium heat.
- When oil is hot, melt onion, stirring from time to time, for 5 minutes, until soft and translucent but not browned.
- Well mix in minced mushrooms, mustard, Tabasco sauce and reserved lobster pieces.
- Pour in dry white wine salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil remove saucepan from heat.
- Into a small bowl, mix together grated cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Sprinkle breadcrumbs mixture all over lobsters mixture dot with butter bits.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove from oven serve immediately.
This recipe for Braised White Wine Lobster serves/makes: 4
The Braised White Wine Lobster recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Lobster
Preparation Method: Baked