How to cook Bratten's Clam Chowder
- 2 (8-ounce) cans minced clams
- 1 cup onion, chopped fine
- 1 cup finely diced celery
- 1 cup finely diced potatoes
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 quart of half-and-half
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Drain juice from clams, pour over vegetables in medium saucepan, add enough water to barely cover and simmer, covered, over medium heat until potatoes are tender (about 20 minutes).
- In the meantime, melt butter, add flour and blend for 2 minutes.
- Add cream stirring until smooth and thick using wire whisk to blend.
- Add undrained vegetables and clams to cream and heat through.
- Season with salt, pepper and sugar.
- Serve the Bratten's Clam Chowder hot with crackers or bread.
The Bratten's Clam Chowder recipe easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Bratten's Clam Chowder serves/makes: 8
The Bratten's Clam Chowder recipe is adopted from The U.S. Congressman Bob Wilson's Americana Cook Book - 1974.
Main Ingredient: Clams
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew