6 - 8 as an entree
How to cook Brazilian Sardine Pudding
- 1 large can sardines
- 5 large potatoes, mashed
- 1 cup oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 eggs, well beaten
- Bread crumbs
- Lettuce, shredded
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- Carrot strips, raw or cooked
- Green peas, cooked
- Mix mashed potatoes and sardines (free of bones and skin).
- Make a refogado* of oil, onion, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Remove from flame and add to sardines and potatoes. Mix well, add eggs.
- Turn into buttered pan lined with bread crumbs and bake in oven at 400°F (200°C) for 20 minutes, or until the mixture shrinks away from the sides of the pan.
- Store it in the refrigerator until cool.
- To serve, remove from pan, decorate with mayonnaise, and garnish with finely shredded lettuce, hard-cooked-egg slices, cooked or raw carrot strips, green peas, etc.
The Brazilian Sardine Pudding recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
The Brazilian name for this recipe is Pudim de Sardinhas
*Refogado is to Brazilian food what sofrito is to Spanish food - a cooked-down aromatic of onions and other tasty things.
This recipe for Brazilian Sardine Pudding serves/makes: 6 - 8 as an entree
The Brazilian Sardine Pudding recipe is adopted from The Book of Latin American Cooking 1994.
Main Ingredient: Sardines
Preparation Method: Baked
Cuisine: South American
(more South American