How to cook Brazilian Seafood Stew
- 1/2 pound fresh calamari (squid)
- 1/2 pound cooked clam meat
- 1/2 pound shelled cooked prawns (shrimps)
- 1/2 pound shelled cooked mussels
- 1 pound fresh white fish
- 4 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 8 ounces coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped coriander
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- Cut the fish into 1-inch cubes (or slightly larger) and the squid into small pieces. Place both in a bowl together with some salt and the lemon juice. Mix to coat well and set aside to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the tomatoes, onions, cilantro, minced garlic and salt in a food processor or blender and process to a coarse purée.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan, add the puree and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the fish and squid together with any marinade and cook gently for 10 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Add the prawns, clams, mussels and coconut milk, mix well and simmer gently for a further 15 minutes stirring from time to time and adding a little water if necessary (it should be the consistency of a soup).
- Adjust the seasoning and serve immediately with rice.
Brazilian name for Seafood Stew is Caldeirada de Mariscos
This recipe for Brazilian Seafood Stew serves/makes: 6
The Brazilian Seafood Stew recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Seafood Mix
(more Seafood Mix
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew
Cuisine: South American
(more South American