How to cook Brazilian Shrimp (Camarao a Brasileira)
- 2 pounds fresh shrimps (prawns)
- 3 cups water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 large tomato, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 3 tablespoons grated cheese
- Remove the heads and shells from the shrimp, cook in the 3 cups water for 20 minutes, strain, reserving broth, and cook the shrimps in this broth for 10 minutes. Grind the shrimps.
- Make a refogado* of the butter, onion, garlic, parsley, tomato, salt, and green pepper. Add to the shrimp water, along with the ground shrimps, and stir in the beaten egg yolks and grated cheese. Taste for salt.
- Serve the Brazilian Shrimp (Camarao a Brasileira) around a mound of fluffy rice.
The Brazilian Shrimp (Camarao a Brasileira) recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
*Refogado is to Brazilian food what sofrito is to Spanish food - a cooked-down aromatic of onions and other tasty things.
This recipe for Brazilian Shrimp (Camarao a Brasileira) serves/makes: 4
The Brazilian Shrimp (Camarao a Brasileira) recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Shrimp
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered
Cuisine: South American
(more South American