How to cook Brazilian Shrimp Molds with Cheese
- 2 pounds fresh shrimps, shelled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons corn meal
- 1 1/2 teaspoons
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 egg whites, beaten
- Bread crumbs
- Chop the shrimp.
- Mix butter and corn meal, add 1 teaspoon salt, milk, and 1 cup cheese, and cook in saucepan until thick.
- Remove from flame, add shrimp, return to flame, and cook for 15 minutes.
- Turn into buttered mold and cover with the egg whites beaten stiff with 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Sprinkle with rest of cheese and bread crumbs and bake until brown, or about 15 minutes, in a 400°F (200°C) oven.
- Serve the Shrimp Molds with Cheese hot.
The Brazilian Shrimp Molds with Cheese recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
The Brazilian name for this recipe is Camarao com Queijo
This recipe for Brazilian Shrimp Molds with Cheese serves/makes: 6
The Brazilian Shrimp Molds with Cheese recipe is adopted from The Book of Latin American Cooking 1994.
Main Ingredient: Shrimp
Preparation Method: Baked
Cuisine: South American
(more South American