4 - 6
How to cook Brazilian Shrimp Pie with Mashed-Potato Crust
- 1/2 pound fresh shrimps, shelled and deveined
- 3 large potatoes, cooked and mashed
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 egg yolks
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 4 or 5 artichoke hearts, sliced
- 10 pitted olives, chopped
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 1 teaspoon capers
- Mix mashed potatoes, flour, 2 egg yolks, grated cheese, salt, and nutmeg.
- Line a large pie plate with about 2/3 of this mixture, leaving the rest for top crust.
- Fry the shrimps in the oil and arrange on bottom crust, next, the artichoke hearts, olives, egg slices, and capers, cover with remaining dough, smoothing it with a knife.
- Brush with the third egg yolk and bake in a 400°F (200°C) oven for 20 to 25 minutes. The egg yolk on crust gives a nice shiny yellow glaze.
- Serve the Brazilian shrimp pie hot.
The Brazilian Shrimp Pie with Mashed-Potato Crust recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
The Brazilian name for this recipe is Torta de Camarao
This recipe for Brazilian Shrimp Pie with Mashed-Potato Crust serves/makes: 4 - 6
The Brazilian Shrimp Pie with Mashed-Potato Crust recipe is adopted from The Book of Latin American Cooking 1994.
Main Ingredient: Shrimp
Preparation Method: Baked
Cuisine: South American
(more South American