2 - 3
How to cook Brazilian Soft Shell Crabs in Coconut Milk
- 6 soft shell crabs, cleaned and ready for cooking
- 2 tablespoons dende (palm) oil or olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander (cilantro), chopped
- 1 or 2 fresh hot red peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime or lemon juice
- 3/4 cup thin coconut milk
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Rinse the crabs, pat them dry with paper towels, and set aside.
- In a skillet heat the oil and add the onion, tomatoes, coriander, hot peppers, and lime or lemon juice.
- Cook, stirring from time to time, over moderate heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and the crabs and cook for about 8 minutes, turning the crabs once or twice.
- Serve the Brazilian Soft-shell Crabs in Coconut Milk with plain rice or Pirao de Arroz (Rice Flour Pudding).
The Brazilian Soft Shell Crabs in Coconut Milk recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
The Brazilian name for this recipe is Moqueca de Siri Mole
Variation: Omit the coconut milk and use 4 tomatoes.
This recipe for Brazilian Soft Shell Crabs in Coconut Milk serves/makes: 2 - 3
The Brazilian Soft Shell Crabs in Coconut Milk recipe is adopted from The Book of Latin American Cooking 1994.
Main Ingredient: Crab
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered
Cuisine: South American
(more South American