2 - 3
How to cook Brazilian Stuffed Crabs (Siri Recheado)
- 6 small, live hard-shelled crabs
- Olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime or lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- salt, freshly ground pepper
- 1 medium onion, grated
- 2 scallions, chopped, using white and green parts
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander (cilantro), chopped
- 1 or 2 fresh hot red peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- Fine bulgar wheat
- Lettuce leaves
- Small black and green olives
- Plunge the crabs into boiling water and boil for 10 minutes. Lift out and cool. Carefully remove the meat from the shells and claws, and chop. Discard the spongy fiber.
- Scrub the empty shells, dry them, and brush the insides with a little olive oil.
- Season the crab meat with the lime or lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper to taste, and set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet and saute the onion, scallions, and tomatoes until the mixture is soft and well blended.
- Cool to room temperature and combine it with the crab mixture.
- Add the coriander leaves, the hot peppers, and the bread crumbs, and mix well.
- Stuff the crab shells with the mixture, brush with beaten egg, and sprinkle with a little bulgar wheat.
- Bake in a preheated moderate 350°F (180°C) oven for 30 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Garnish serving plates with the lettuce leaves and olives.
- Serve as a first course.
The Brazilian Stuffed Crabs (Siri Recheado) recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Brazilian Stuffed Crabs (Siri Recheado) serves/makes: 2 - 3
The Brazilian Stuffed Crabs (Siri Recheado) recipe is adopted from The Book of Latin American Cooking 1994.
Main Ingredient: Crab
Preparation Method: Baked
Cuisine: South American
(more South American