How to cook Brazilian Stuffed Onions (Cebolas Recheadas)
- 1cup chopped shrimps, cooked and cleaned
- 6 large onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated cheese
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Peel and cook onions in salted water until tender. Drain.
- Make cavity in each onion for the stuffing, reserving pulp.
- Fill onion with chopped shrimp.
- Chop pulp that was taken from the onions and fry in butter, sprinle with about 1 tablespoon flour, salt, and brown well.
- Add tomatoes, wine, and water and cook a few minutes until thick.
- Put the stuffed onions in a baking dish and cover with sauce, topping with bread crumbs, grated cheese, and melted butter.
- Brown in oven for about 10 minutes.
The Brazilian Stuffed Onions (Cebolas Recheadas) recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Brazilian Stuffed Onions (Cebolas Recheadas) serves/makes: 6
The Brazilian Stuffed Onions (Cebolas Recheadas) recipe is adopted from The Book of Latin American Cooking 1994.
Main Ingredient: Shrimp
Preparation Method: Baked
Cuisine: South American
(more South American