6 - 8
How to cook Brazilian Zoro - Cod and Shrimp Stew
- 1/2 pound dried cod fish
- 1/2 pound dried shrimp, cleaned
- 1 pound fresh shrimp, cleaned
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 summer squash or zucchini
- 1 clove garlic, minced pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 8 okra
- 3 tablespoons dende, corn, or peanut oil
- Cook the cod fish in small amount of water for 25 minutes, drain, remove skin and bones, and cut up.
- Cook dried shrimp for 10 minutes and grind.
- Make a refogado* of the oil, butter, and 1 onion.
- Cut up squash and cook for 5 minutes in a small amount of water. Drain and add to the refogado.
- Add cooked cod fish, dried shrimp, fresh shrimp, other onion, garlic, pepper, salt, and coconut milk.
- Cook for 20 minutes over low flame, add chopped okra and oil, and cook for 10 minutes longer.
- Serve the Cod and Shrimp Stew hot with fluffy rice.
The Brazilian Zoro - Cod and Shrimp Stew recipe easy to prepare and so good!
is to Brazilian food what Sofrito
is to Spanish food - a cooked-down aromatic of onions and other tasty things.
This recipe for Brazilian Zoro - Cod and Shrimp Stew serves/makes: 6 - 8
The Brazilian Zoro - Cod and Shrimp Stew recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Seafood Mix
(more Seafood Mix
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew
Cuisine: South American
(more South American