How to cook Breaded Oysters
- 1 pint (16 ounces) fresh shucked oysters
- 3/4 cup white flour
- 1 egg plus 2 tablespoons lemon juice, whisked together
- 2 cups finely crushed cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter for frying
- 1/4 cup cooking oil for frying
- Put drained oysters into a 2-quart heat resistant bowl and cover them with boiling water.
- Stir oysters gently to evenly distribute the boiling water through the oysters. Let stand about 10 minutes, drain and set aside to cool.
- In separate bowls, dredge the oysters in flour, shaking off the excess. Next dip in the egg mixture and then roll in cracker crumbs.
- In a large non-stick frying pan, over medium heat melt the butter with the cooking oil. Fry the coated oysters until they are brown and turn over to finish.
- Serve the Breaded Oysters hot with seafood sauce for dipping and lemon wedges.
The Breaded Oysters recipe easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for Breaded Oysters serves/makes: 4 servings
The Breaded Oysters recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Oysters
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed