How to cook Bream Stew with Tomatoes and Potatoes
- 2 whole sea bream (or sea bass, walleye), about 3/4 - 1 pound each
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 onions, sliced
- 5-6 potatoes, pilled
- Salt to taste
- 6-7 middle size tomatoes, slised
- 1 glass jar Greek olives (Use only the olives, the taste you like! Experiments can spoil a dish.)
- Dried herbs (oregano, basil, etc.), to taste
- 1/2 lemon, sliced
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan. Add the garlic and onions, let cook until transparent, stirring constantly.
- Cut potatoes into slices about 1/2 inch thick. Place over onions and salt to taste.
- Clean the fish, remove the entrails and gills. Put horizontally on potatoes.
- Top with sliced tomatoes. Add dried herbs, peppers and olives. Put sliced lemon.
- Fill with water until the middle of tomatoes.
- Boil until the potatoes tender.
- Serve the Bream Stew with Tomatoes and Potatoes hot.
The Bream Stew with Tomatoes and Potatoes
recipe very easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for Bream Stew with Tomatoes and Potatoes serves/makes: 2 servings
The Bream Stew with Tomatoes and Potatoes recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Bream
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew