How to cook Breton Cheese Fish Pie
- 1 pound (454 g) steamed fish, into bite-size pieces
- 1 (6 1/2-ounce / 184-mL) can shrimps, rinsed and drained
1 pound (454 g) steamed scallops
- 1 pie crust (baked)
- 1 (12-ounce / 340-mL) can asparagus tips, drained (optional)
- Bacon bits, to taste (optional)
- 2 tablespoons (30 g) melted butter
- 1/4 cup (35 g) flour
- 1 1/4 cups (310 mL) milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup (115 to 175 g) grated cheese, to taste
- Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C).
- Mix together all cheese sauce ingredients (melted butter, flour, milk, salt, pepper and grated cheese).
- Pour half of cheese sauce into pie crust.
- Evenly arrange rinsed and drained shrimps or steamed scallops into crust.
- Pour in remaining cheese sauce.
- Sprinkle sauce with paprika.
- Garnish with drained asparagus tips and/or sprinkle with bacon bits.
- Bake into a preheated oven for approximately 30 minutes, until golden.
Can be served along with mashed potatoes and/or a green salad.
This recipe for Breton Cheese Fish Pie serves/makes: 6
The Breton Cheese Fish Pie recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Various Fish
(more Various Fish
Preparation Method: Baked