How to cook Broiled American Shad with Sorrel Sauce
- 2 pounds American shad fillets
- Lemon juice
- Olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- Sorrel sauce (see below)
Sorrel Sauce Ingredients:
- Marinate the shad fillets in lemon juice, olive oil, and freshly ground pepper about an hour before cooking.
- Broil the shad with high heat over charcoal or under the broiler, basting with the marinade.
- Serve hot with the Sorrel Sauce in a separate dish.
How to cook Sorrel Sauce
- 2 pounds fresh sorrel leaves
- 3 tablespoons shallots or mild onions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoons cornstarch
- Wash the sorrel leaves carefully, cut in shreds, and cook in a small amount of water until very tender.
- Saute the finely chopped shallots in olive oil until transparent. Add the wine.
- Puree the sorrel leaves and add to the shallot-wine mixture.
- Simmer about 10 minutes. Thicken with cornstarch if necessary.
The Broiled American Shad with Sorrel Sauce is a very affordable dish. Great tasting food is easy to cook and is also healthy.
This recipe for Broiled American Shad with Sorrel Sauce serves/makes: 6
The Broiled American Shad with Sorrel Sauce recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Shad
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled