How to cook Broiled California Lobster
- 1 live lobster (about 2 pounds)
- 10 tablespoons butter (2 tablespoons softened plus 8 tablespoons melted)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 lemon, quartered, to garnish
- Watercress sprigs, to garnish
- Plunge the live lobster into vigorously boiling water. Boil for 4 minutes, remove the lobster and allow it to cool sufficiently to be handled. Split the lobster lengthwise through the middle and rinse out its entrails.
- Make a mixture of the softened butter, paprika, and a dash each of salt and pepper, and brush half of the mixture on the cut flesh of the lobster.
- Place the lobster halves, flesh side down, over charcoal and broil for 6 minutes. Turn over the lobster, brush on the remainder of the butter mixture and finish broiling the halves until the flesh is opaque - about 10 minutes.
- Garnish the lobster with the lemon quarters and watercress. Serve the Broiled California Lobster at once, accompanied by the melted butter.
This recipe for Broiled California Lobster serves/makes: 2
The Broiled California Lobster recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Lobster
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled