How to cook Broiled Cheesy Sole Fillets
- 2 pounds fresh sole fillets
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 3 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4-6 lemon wedges
- Place the sole fillets in a single layer on a large well-greased baking pan. Brush the sole fillets with lemon juice and let them stand for 10-15 minutes.
- Mix Parmesan cheese, butter or margarine, mayonnaise or salad dressing, green onion and salt. Set the mixture aside.
- Broil the sole fillets about 4 inches from the heat for 7-8 minutes. Remove the sole fillets from the heat and spread the cheese mixture on top of each fillet. Return the sole fillets to the broiler and cook until lightly browned (2-3 minutes). Keep a good eye on the sole fillets the cheese could burn easily.
- Serve the Grilled Cheesy Sole Fillets with tartar sauce and lemon wedges.
Comments by Jacqueline (03.09.09):
Your Broiled Cheesy Sole Fillets recipe was outstanding. To eat the sole by itself with your seasonings was great, then when you add the lemon and tartar sauce - it gives you a entirely different flavor. I will recommend your recipe to all my friends.
This recipe for Broiled Cheesy Sole Fillets serves/makes: 4
The Broiled Cheesy Sole Fillets recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
The photo is submitted by Jacqueline - 03.08.09
Main Ingredient: Sole
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled