4 - 6
How to cook Broiled Citrus King Mackerel
- 2 pounds King mackerel fillets
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons grapefruit juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, combine oil, grapefruit juice, lime juice, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt, and 1 tablespoon of the chives.
- Put the King mackerel fillets, skin side down, in a shallow glass dish or stainless-steel pan.
- Scatter the onion over the King mackerel fillets.
- Pour half of the citrus dressing over the top let marinate for about 15 minutes.
- Heat the broiler.
- Put the fish, skin-side down, on a broiler pan or baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and the pepper.
- Top with the onion.
- Broil the King mackerel fillets, about 6 inches from the heat if possible, until just done, about 5 minutes for 3/4 inch-thick fillets.
- Pour the remaining dressing over the hot Broiled Citrus King Mackerel and sprinkle with the remaining tablespoon of the chives.
This recipe for Broiled Citrus King Mackerel serves/makes: 4 - 6
The Broiled Citrus King Mackerel recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Mackerel
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled