How to cook Broiled Clams with Curry Butter
- 24 clams, scrubbed
- 1/2 cup water
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon Pernod,optional
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- Pinch of saffron threads, crushed
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Pinch of white pepper
- Mix all the Curry Butter ingredients in small bowl until well blended. (Can be prepared up to 2 weeks ahead. Cover tightly and refrigerate. Bring curry butter to room temperature before continuing.)
- Preheat broiler.
- Place clams in water in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Cover and steam until clams open, about 8 minutes. Discard any clams that do not open.
- Place clams on half shell on cookie sheet. Top each with curry butter.
- Broil until hot and bubbling, about 2 minutes. Transfer clams to platter.
- Serve the Broiled Clams with Curry Butter hot.
The Broiled Clams with Curry Butter recipe easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for Broiled Clams with Curry Butter serves/makes: 4 servings
The Broiled Clams with Curry Butter recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Clams
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled