How to cook Broiled Jerk Salmon
- 1 pound skin-on fresh salmon fillet
- For the Homemade Jamaican Jerk Seasoning:
(Yield: 1/4 cup, enough for 2 pounds of meat or 4 pounds of fish.)
- 1 tablespoon ground allspice berries
- 2 teaspoon ground thyme
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
Caribbean Red Beans and Rice Ingredients:
- For the Jerk Seasoning: Mix all ingredients well.
- For the Broiled Jerk Salmon: Preheat broiler to medium.
- Grease and foil a baking sheet. Place salmon, skinside down on the foil. Put 1 tablespoon of Jerk Seasoning mix into the salmon.
- Place the salmon under the broiler for 10-12 minutes, until cooked through.
- Serve the Broiled Jerk Salmon with steamed vegetables and Caribbean Red Beans and Rice (see the recipe below).
How to cook Caribbean Red Beans and Rice
- Serves: 4 servings
- 1/2 onion, diced (1/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup white rice
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup kidney beans, cooked or canned and drained
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley
- A dash of salt
- Add onion to the bottom of a medium saucepan. Heat with 2 tablespoons of water and cook until onions are soft.
- Add rice and water to saucepan. Cook, covered for 15 minutes.
- Add beans, pineapple, parsley, and salt.
- Mix well and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes, until all moisture has been absorbed.
The Broiled Jerk Salmon
is a very affordable dish. This recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
Broiled salmon gets an extra kick from Homemade Jamaican Jerk Seasoning, making this Jamaican Jerk Salmon recipe a simple weeknight meal.
This recipe for Broiled Jerk Salmon serves/makes: 4 servings
The Broiled Jerk Salmon recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Salmon
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled