How to cook Broiled Lobster with Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 (1 2/3-pound / 750-g each) lobsters, boiled
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) butter
- 1/2 pound (227 g) fresh mushrooms, cleaned and minced
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) shallots, minced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) tarragon
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) hot light white sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Few drops Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) dry mustard
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) grated Mozzarella cheese
- Freshly chopped parsley
- Lemon segments
- Preheat oven broiler.
- Half lobsters remove meat, from tails and claws, reserving lobster shell halves.
- Well scrape lobsters'shells, removing all of the insides reserve liquids, coral and any remaining meat.
- If using, broil, shells in preheated oven, 6 inches (15 cm) from heat, for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Into a fry pan, over high heat, melt butter.
- Add minced mushrooms, shallot and garlic sprinkle with tarragon.
- Cook for 4 minutes, over medium heat, stirring often.
- Stir in white sauce, reserve liquid and coral from lobsters.
- Salt and pepper, to taste.
- Well mix in Worcestershire sauce, dry mustard and all of lobster meat.
- If desired, arrange emptied lobster shells into a greased oven-proof dish.
- Stuff lobster shells, or fill oven-proof dish, with lobster mixture.
- Sprinkle with grated Mozzarella cheese.
- Broil, 6 inches (15 cm) from heat, for 6 minutes.
- Serve, garnished with chopped parsley and lemon segments.
Always use a light white sauce version in making fish, poultry or pasta casseroles.
Serve in lobster shells or oven-proof individual dishes.
This recipe for Broiled Lobster with Mozzarella Cheese serves/makes: 4
The Broiled Lobster with Mozzarella Cheese recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Lobster
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled