4 - 6 servings
How to cook Broiled Marinated Bullhead Catfish
- 1 1/2 - 2 pounds bullhead catfish, heads and skin removed
- 3 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- In small skillet, cook onions in olive oil over medium heat until onions are tender, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in brown sugar, ketchup, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, dry mustard, salt, pepper and oregano.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture is bubbly. Reduce heat, simmer; stir occasionally for 10 minutes.
- Place bullhead catfish in medium bowl. Pour marinade over fish. Cover, refrigerate for 30 minutes, turning fish at least once.
- Grease broiler pan. Remove fish from marinade with slotted spoon. Place on broiler pan.
- Broil at 550°F for 8 minutes. Baste with marinade; turn once. Broil 8 more minutes or until fish flakes easily.
- Serve the Broiled Marinated Bullhead Catfish with fried potatoes.
The Broiled Marinated Bullhead Catfish recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Broiled Marinated Bullhead Catfish serves/makes: 4 - 6 servings
The Broiled Marinated Bullhead Catfish recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Preparing Fish & Wild Game.
Main Ingredient: Catfish
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled