How to cook Broiled Marinated Shrimp with Lemon Butter
- 1 1/2 pounds uncooked jumbo shrimp (12 or fewer to the pound)
- 2 tablespoons coarsely crumbled dried hot chilies
- 3 large garlic cloves, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup peanut or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup strained fresh lemon juice
- Leaving the tail shell attached, carefully shell the shrimp. Devein them by making a shallow incision down their backs with a small, sharp knife and lifting out the black or white intestinal vein with the point of the knife. Wash the shrimp under cold running water and pat them completely dry with paper towels.
- Combine the chilies, garlic and 1/2 cup of the oil in the jar of an electric blender and blend at high speed until the seasonings are pulverized. Pour the mixture into a deep bowl and stir in the remaining 1/2 cup of oil and the salt.
- Drop the shrimp into the chili mixture and turn them about with a spoon until they are evenly coated. Marinate the shrimp at room temperature for about 2 hours or in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, stirring them from time to time.
- Light a layer of coals in a charcoal grill and let them burn until a white ash appears on the surface, or preheat the broiler of your oven to the highest possible point.
- Remove the shrimp from the marinade and lay them side by side on the grill or broiling rack. Broil about 3 inches from the heat for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until the shrimp are firm and pink. Arrange the shrimp attractively on a heated platter and drape with foil to keep them warm while you make the Lemon Butter.
- In a small skillet, melt the butter over moderate heat. Before the foam begins to subside, stir in the lemon juice. Pour the still-foaming lemon butter over the shrimp or present the butter separately in a sauce-boat or individual bowls.
- Serve the Broiled Marinated Shrimp with Lemon Butter at once.
The Broiled Marinated Shrimp with Lemon Butter recipe easy to prepare and so good! This African spicy dish is from Mozambique.
This recipe for Broiled Marinated Shrimp with Lemon Butter serves/makes: 4
The Broiled Marinated Shrimp with Lemon Butter recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Shrimp
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled